YOU CAN

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

all the places in the world/shifted

of all the places of the world there is one i like to call home
it offers a stream of quiet gargles and young trees that flutter
the sunlight.
The mountains are close and distant, of blues, and grays, and purples.
the seasons change in their own accord and take me traveling with them.

This place called home has birds. It has quaint buildings and narrow streets.
has regulars and vagabonds and cats. dogs on leashes. immigrants.

during the past 26 years, I wandered.
and now this place called home has shifted.
and i can't quiet figure it out.
it's space and time and
origin set and reset and now I turn my head again.
over my shoulder again and again.
I also stop and wait. listen. observe.
yet space and time surpassed me, and i am left with lost.

I will not leap, not even my soul.
my bones are weary and my eyes dont work.
So, I will dance of all the place of the world.
I will dance again and again. And in my dancing bones my time will pass.
and with my monet eyes, my space will change.
and that will be that. and done will be done.
of all the places in the world, there is one I like to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment